Before You Apply
Applicants who have Fellowship of ACRRM and / or RACGP are ineligible to apply for the RVTS training program.
It is strongly recommended that applicants read the 2019 Applicant Guide prior to completing the online application.
I acknowledge that I have read the 2019 Applicant Guide and acknowledge that by submitting this application, I consent to RVTS:
- collecting sensitive information such as information about my racial or ethnic origin and in rare cases, health information about me for the purposes indicated above and if the collection is under or required by law; and
- sharing my personal information with the organisations and entities listed above.
The following documents are required to complete the application process. Applicants will need to ensure that they have electronic copies of the following for uploading:
- Curriculum Vitae
A letter of support from their current practice which must:
- be dated and signed by the Practice Principal, Senior Medical Director, CEO, Director, or Practice Manager
- be on practice letterhead
- state the specific date and duration of employment including the end date of current contract
- state whether work is full time or part time and total number of face to face, rostered, patient consultation hours worked each week
- state the duration of weekly sessions
- state the nature of work including all duties performed
- A axdcac passport-sized photo
- Evidence of Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent or temporary residency (eg certified copy of birth certificate if Australian or New Zealand born, or citizenship certificate or passport)
- If applicable, evidence of the date when the applicant became or applied for permanent residency (eg letter from Department of Immigration and Citizenship, or photocopy of Australian permanent residency status in passport). Please ensure that the date of permanent residency or application can be seen clearly.
- Evidence of name change if applicant’s name appears differently in supporting documents (eg marriage certificate or deed poll)
- If applicable, a sworn statutory declaration of intention to resign from AGPT or ACRRM Independent pathway or RACGP Practice Experience pathway if selected into the RVTS program Note: Resignation should only be tendered after acceptance has been confirmed into the RVTS Training Program, commencing in 2019.
State the specific date and duration of employment including the date of the current contract. If contract is ongoing, this must be stated.
- If working in a solo doctor town, a statement from the relevant rural workforce agency or Primary Healthcare Network verifying that it is a solo doctor town
- If applicable, evidence of Aboriginality